lunedì, agosto 01, 2005

...ren faire, tidbits...

okay, before i launch into a loving rant about the renaissance faire, i'd like to thank the people that read this. the fact that anyone would actually want to read my babbling just blows my mind. thank you thank you, and i hope you stick around!!

*

boy howdy, i do love renaissance faires. loads of people dressing up in outrageous costumes, speaking in funny tongues, drinking lots of beer, and carrying about swords? how could you not love it? this year i went with my girl scout troop (yes, that's right girl scout. hey, stranger things have happened.) and we all dressed up. it was mad lovely, even though my dress was a little small in the waist (without a corset!) and so i kept hearing random stitch pops all day.

the weather was quite warm, very different from last year, where we were all shivering in our sleevies. luckily, many of the stands were equipped with water-sprayers, and there were "colde drynkes" stands everywhere. the food was delicious, as always, see yaw 7.30 for more on that.

one of the highlights of the ren faire is, of course, the joust. this year we were on the english side, which made me very happy, because our knight was quite good looking. he looked like an older draco malfoy, with the slicked back blonde hair and whatnot. i'm not quite sure what the outcome of the joust was...i think that our knight got knocked off his horse, but then the victor attacked him whilst he was down, thus jeopardizing his win. they were going to joust "too the death" later but we had to leave before that, unfortunately.

the faire was lovely lovely and and i am very glad that we went.

on the drive back home we stopped at whole foods for dinner (i had cucumber and avocado sushi, which was nice and light compared to the heavier fare i consumed at the faire), and that was fun, partly because we were still wearing our costumes. i had wanted to go to a mall and eat at the food court, because then we could tromp through said mall in our costumes and have lots of regular, boring people see us (yay!) but i ended up being very happy with our dinner choice. (a) because i could have sushi, which is super-yum, and (b) because the checkout/bagger boys at whole foods where HOT! yay! (this is the part where i act quite teenage-girl ish. but that is okay because i am one!) there was one with an italian name, dyed hair, tight tight pants, a studded belt, white chucks, and a mildly emo look about him, and then there was the one with the nerdy name, and a kind of shy hotness. but they made me happy. yay! that's the third time i've said yay in this paragraph. i'm sorry.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ticharu said...

I had time to read that, yay! I'm old enough to be your dad, yay! I never grew up entirely, something about playing the guitar, and having mutliple screen shots in the brain stem, very confusing, well anyway...
I'm going to post a little verbage about dietary lettuce on my blog called Fuck me now or forever hold yer piece, and there is a post on that site somewhere which explains somewhat about how I came to name it Fuck me now blah blah blah, well anyway...
I was interupted tonight so I'll probably finish it out tommorro.
Sounds like Minneapolis where I used to live, go to the Ren Fest and stop at Whole Foods on the way home. Now I'm building a medieval village for my home. Very, very hard work.

4:48 PM  

Posta un commento

<< Home